As a board member, you have a dedicated application for submitting your votes to a meeting. This article details the process and features of the application, how to navigate the controls and how to submit your vote(s).
- Receive your login ticket
- Login using the code on the ticket at https://vote.champds.com
- Submit your vote when the buttons are presented
- Log out at the end of the meeting
Prior to the start of each meeting, you will be provided with a login ticket. This ticket will provide you with the code you’ll need to login to the voting application, this way you will never have to remember a password.
You will need a unique ticket for each meeting that you’re participating in. If you have back-to-back meetings then you will have multiple tickets.
For more information on the login tickets, please read this article.
How To Login
- From your device, open a web browser, such as Safari if you’re on an iPad
- Type in the following address: https://vote.champds.com
- Enter the code from your login ticket
Power Tip: On your login ticket is a QR code. You can use the camera on your device (if equipped) to quickly jump to the login location.
Navigating The App
Once you are logged into the voting application, you will see the full agenda for your meeting in the left column and the detail agenda information on the right column.
Agenda Column (left side)
The left column displays the full agenda. As the meeting progresses, you will see agenda items highlight on the left to indicate where you are in the meeting. If your agenda is long, then this column will automatically scroll as needed.
Any attachments in your agenda packet will appear under each agenda item. Simply select the attachment that you wish to view and it will open in a new tab/window allowing you to review the material. Simply close the tab/window to return to the voting app.
If you’d prefer to view the agenda packet in PDF form, select the arrow in the header of the left column to open the published document in a new tab/window.
Lastly, if you’d prefer to not display the agenda on only view the detail column, select the arrow at the top left of the left column to dock it out of your way. To recover the agenda, simply select the right arrow to expand it back.
Agenda Detail Column (right side)
The right column displays details regarding the active agenda item. This includes where you are in the parliamentary procedure and voting buttons when it’s time to vote.
As actions are made, such as motions, seconds and amendments, they will be displayed automatically in this column. This will let you see at a glance where you are in the parliamentary procedure and what to expect next in the process. You will not see any buttons until the vote is called.
When a vote is called, the buttons for voting will appear. Simply select the button for the vote you wish to cast. You can choose from the following:
- (no data): This is the default state when a vote is called. This indicates that you have not submitted any information.
- Yea: You vote in the affirmative for the motion/amendment/call-for-question, etc.
- Nay: You vote in the negative for the motion/amendment/call-for-question, etc.
- Abstain: You indicate that you will not be participating in the vote.
After votes from all board members have been submitted, the vote will be closed and the results will appear on the displays in chambers.
What If I Make A Mistake?
You can change your vote at any time before the vote is closed. However, if voting has closed, then you’ll need to request that the vote be re-opened so that you can change your vote.
At the close of the meeting, simply select the red “Log Out” button in the upper-right corner of the app.
iOS/iPadOS Power Tip
If you are using an iOS device, such as an iPhone, or an iPad, you can create an icon on your Home Screen so that it’s super easy to log into the voting app. Here are the steps:
- Open Safari and browse to https://vote.champds.com
- In the upper right of the browser, select the “Share” icon
- Scroll down the list of options until you see “Add to Home Screen” and select that option
- Select “Add” in the upper right corner
Now you have a CHAMP icon on your home screen so that you can access the voting system with the click of a button. Below is a screencast that will walk you through the process: